Saturday, January 14, 2012

At least I won't get scurvy

They say you can't compare apples to oranges. That may be true, but it hasn't much concerned me for the last 3 months as I've not been in a discriminating mood with either. I just want to eat them. All of them.

These little flavorful fruits have proven themselves full of many benefits such as:

-easy to conceal up to 6 in your purse for when your stomach opens up like the continental divide
-not as smelly as warming up some frozen entree at work, and smells can be quite bothersome at this stage
-you can sneak quick bites of them in a bar (when you're playing DD of course) without anyone noticing and looking at you strangely
-craving salt? stick some peanut butter on that apple! craving sweet? stick some caramel dip on it!
-no one ever looks like a pig eating an apple or orange
-think of all the vitamins!
-great snack between meals to keep nausea at bay
-crunching on that apple burns calories, though I'm concerned about TMJ lately - my jaws are getting sore from all the chewing
- you can eat apples and oranges in places that don't allow food much more easily than pulling out a hamburger with fries
-you can throw the trash out your car window without threat of littering fines
-no one ever says to you, "I think you've had enough apples and oranges for one day." - you're never cut off from the fruit bar so to speak
-think of the immunity boost from all the vitamin c! lord knows you need it, because you dang sure can't take any medicine to treat ANYTHING while preggo

I have become so reliant on apples and oranges that I make sure to have them handy any time I visit a grocery store (pray that I don't get mistakenly arrested for shoplifting fruit). A recent walk past the meat counter of Fresh Market left my senses assaulted - and seriously questioning the freshness of said market. The only thing that kept me from losing it in the store was to stick a fresh peeled orange in my face and carry it with me through the store as if I was wearing a mask to ward off the bird flu.

I may have looked like a crazy lady, but I'm sure it won't be the last time in the next 6 months that people think that of me. Crazy or not, at least I won't get scurvy....or bird flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment