Wednesday, May 23, 2012

They're everywhere!

Ever noticed something for the first time, and then you can't help but notice it everywhere you go?

I'm an avid Nissan Murano fan. Bought my first one in 2007 and just traded that one in for another one last month. I love them. They're comfy, roomy, sporty, decent gas mileage. I can remember when I bought the first one thinking that there weren't many of them on the road and I wouldn't blend in everywhere I parked.

And then I actually got out on the road and noticed they were everywhere.

When I traded in my first for the second, I thought for sure I would be driving something pretty unique - a pearl white, double sun roof beauty.

Yeah, right! They're everywhere, too! I see at least 2 of them each morning on my way to work.

And speaking of everywhere.......so are babies. And pregnant women.

I feel sometimes like I need to exit the building I've just entered and double check the sign on the door, feeling certain that I've just entered a day care or OBGYN clinic rather than a grocery store/nail salon/post office.

It's like someone spilled water on a Gremlin or a baby bomb exploded!

It's happening in my circle of family and friends, too. One niece is 7 weeks pregnant. And her sister (also my niece) is 8 weeks pregnant. And a dear friend is 9 weeks pregnant. And my coworkers, friends, sorority sisters are conceiving and expanding and birthing left and right!

I never took much notice of babies or preggo waddlers before my own stint with pregnancy - much like I never noticed that many Muranos until I drove my own.

And now that I look around, it's all I see.

Maybe, it'll be all I see when I look down one day, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment