Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Don't know what to say?

I, too, have been in positions where I wasn't sure what was best to say. Whether a loved one passed away, or a job was lost, or a pet had to be put down, it's always been difficult to find the right words.

I frequently have clients visit me in the counseling setting and I'm faced with the same predicament. What can you say?

Unfortunately, there is no magic phrase, but the start of the conversation about it is always a relief - almost like naming the elephant in the room.

While I don't necessarily agree with her "19 kids and counting" philosophy (I spent only 16 weeks pregnant and it was rough...have no idea how she has spent almost 19 years being pregnant - minus the premies and 2 sets of twins!), Michelle Duggar had some advice to share on the TODAY show this morning regarding how to address the loss with others. Check it out!

Duggars talk about their miscarriage, next pregnancy

No comments:

Post a Comment